A Perfect Union of Sake and South East Asia Cuisine
Hong Kong General Chamber of Wine & Spirits
While Japanese cuisine may be the default pairing for Sake, it’s also well suited to South East Asian Cuisine. Explore the basics of Sake in this workshop with Ivan Sean and try different food pairings. Through mastering the mechanism behind each pairing and learning to read different Sake labels, you will be able to find the perfect Sake with confidence.
Sake and food pairing kit:
- Dewazakura Daiginjo x 1 (300ml)
- Kitajima Ichibanshu x 1 (300ml)
- Tedorigawa Jumi Ginjo x 1 (300ml)
- Braised Abalone x 2 pc
- Stewed beef ribs x 1 portion
- Grilled pork neck x 1 portion
Tools and other items you will need
- White wine glass, ISO glass or any kind of tulip shaped glasses
Due to family influences, Ivan grew up with wine and started developing a passion for sake several years ago, constantly travelling to different breweries across Japan to find exceptional wines. He is currently Chair of the Sake Industry Committee of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Wine & Spirits and is a sake distributor, lecturer and consultant.