Craft Beer Pairing:
With Snacks You Can Find in Convenience Stores
Heroes Beer Co.
What food pairings come to mind when you think of beer? Wings? Fries? Pizza? German cuisine or barbeques? With convenience stores around every corner in Hong Kong, Heroes shows you some of the best pairings with easily accessible snacks. Chris Wong, co-founder and head brewer, will explain how beer pairs with food and participants can experience the unlimited possibilities of beer and food pairing first-hand.
- Heroes Wing Man Pineapple Sour x 1 (330ml)
- Heroes Hunk Sir Milffee Porter x 1 (330ml)
- Heroes Lemonade Milkshake IPA x 1 (330ml)
- Heroes crystal beer glass x 1 (Italy)
- Kinder Bueno chocolate bar x 1 (43g)
- Sugus Assorted Fruit Flavour Chewys x 1 (175g)
- Maruesu Cheese Flv Fish Sticks (Seafeed Flv) x 1 (20g)
- Heroes Webstore $100 voucher x 1
- Beer information booklet x 1
Tools and other items you will need
- Beer tasting glass
- One glass of water
- Paper and pencil (for note taking)
As one of the forerunners of HK’s craft beer movement, Chris Wong set up HK’s first homebrew shop, HK Brewcraft and established the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) scene in the city. He is now the General Manager of Carbon Brews, as well as the Co-Founder and Head Brewer of Heroes Beer Co.