The Art of Bubbles:
New Directions in Champagne
Take a trip to Champagne with Asia Pacific’s youngest Master of Wine Sarah Heller. Learn a brief history of this famous wine region and the wine, as well as the winemaking process that leads to those irresistible bubbles. Put the theory to the test as you taste different champagnes and identify key styles.
Champagne Tasting Kit
- Vazart Coquart Réserve Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru NV (375ml) x 1
- Champagne Drappier Carte d’Or NV (375ml) x 1
- Louis Roederer Brut Vintage Rosé 2014 (375ml) x 1
- Sarah Heller's champagne glasses x 2
Tools and other items you will need
- One glass of water
- Spit cup/dump bucket (optional)
- Paper towel
- Paper and pencil (for note taking)
- 3 sparkling wine stoppers (optional)
Sarah Heller MW is Asia Pacific’s youngest Master of Wine. Born and raised in Hong Kong, she has worked in wine in the United States, Italy and France. Among other things, she is the wine editor for Asia Tatler, a design partner with Lucaris Crystal and a visual artist.